If you are new to the hobby you are probably wondering what you need to have the necessary basics for your impression as a 19th century lady.
What the New ReEnactor will need.
In order to be basically equipped you will find these items necessary to begin in the most correct manner.
- 1-2 Chemises (hot weather especially)
- Day Dress (not too fancy if it is your first purchase)
- Collar for the dress
- 2 pairs of drawers (at the very least)
- Bonnet for Sunday Service and “best dress”
- Corded petticoat (great for work dress)
- Parasol for shade (tans not fashionable)
- Privacy petticoat
- Hat for menial work or casual dressing
- Gloves - even with a basic dress - they are needed
- Footwear & Stockings
- Cape or shawl (for cold weather)
- Hoop Skirt (for day dresses and ballgowns)
- Over the Hoop Petticoat (prevents hoop skirt rings from showing through the dress on windy days.)
Remember Abraham's Lady has gift certificates available to help you get started or enhance your reenacting. Call (717) 338-1798 and ask about our registry service.